What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, August 17, 2015

8.17.15 Week 29 Ploiesti, Romania

BUNA FAMILIA :)
My brain is going crazy right now just THINKING about all of the things I have to report on this week!!! I am going to just start from the beginning. :)

- Saturday night... we found out what is happening with transfers. As some of you know, this has been a very challenging transfer for me, in many ways. I have had many many ups and downs, and emotionally it has been superrrr difficult. I have learned a lot about the kind of missionary I WANT to be, and the missionary I CAN be. I have had a real eye- opening transfer.. especially regarding how sacred and incredible the work here is. I have realized the importance of my calling, more than ever. I have had a really rough time because of a few different reasons I wont get deep into.. but basically, I have had MANY moments of pure weakness and sadness, where I just dropped everything and prayed. Many experience of prayer this transfer where I recall praying for what felt like hours and hours, begging Heavenly Father for a change. A change that would help me get back to my desire and my real intent that I had at before this transfer. I begged and pleaded for this change. And low and behond.. Heavenly Father once again manifested to me personally that he is there and that he LISTENED. I know he did, I feel it in my heart and it has never hit home stronger than it did on Saturday night, when I saw that I would be getting a new companion coming to my area. Being almost positive that this wasnt going to happen because of certain circumstances, I was so relieved and at peace when I saw that this change would be happening. I knew right then and there that this was God answering my prayer, and giving me a chance to break free from chains that had been holding me down and hurting me. I decided then and there that this next transfer I will not waste a single moment, I will work my butt off and strive to keep the Spirit with me every minute of the day. I will honor my calling and seek divine help every chance that I get! My new companion is Sora Lunt. She is younger than me in the mission, and is SOOO sweet and kind and humble and OBEDIENT. And I can honestly say that this is a peace and a comfort stronger than I have ever felt on my mission before. :) This new transfer will be incredible. I am so happy :)

- This weekend, we got to do our mission- wide conference in the INCREDIBLE city of Brasov! And seriously... it was the most beautiful place I have ever been, and easily some of the most amazing experiences I have had in my entire life. Unforgettable. :) Monday morning we took a train to Brasov, and met up with about half of the mission there. I was reunited with my MTC companions, which brought me PURE JOY because they are amazing friends. So fun to see how everyone has changed and grown. Then we all took a bus to an area called Busteni, which is deep in the mountains in Translyvania. It was indescribable. We got to our hotel in Busteni, which is super cozy up in the mountains. We checked in, met up with EVERY MISSIONARY in the whole mission... (which was SO FUN, because I got to be with my old comps, AND SORA CUTLER!!) and as we were about to start the hike.. it started absolutely POURING!!!! But this was an epic hike, so we went anyways. We hiked up, had a devotional at the top with some amazing talks and musical numbers, and then hiked to a gorgeous waterfall in the mountains. SO BEAUTIFUL. The mountains were breathtaking.. I can't even describe it. :) After the hike, we got dressed and ready for the night, and had this huge elegant dinner and tour at Castle Cantacuzino, which is by the far the most beautiful building I have seen my whole mission so far.. probably in my whole life. Dinner was INCREDIBLE, we had a little fireside in the castle afterwards with music.. so unreal. We were very spoiled this weekend :) But wait, it gets better! The next day, we went to the chapel in Brasov to have mission conference, and then we went to tour Dracula's Castle, which is actually called Bran Castle. I will send pictures of all of this so you can see it, because I truly can't describe it! Dracula's castle is up in the mountains, and is super dark and medieval looking. Veryyyyyy cool :) I am continuously reminded how blessed I am to be serving in one of the coolest countries in the world. Also one of the most beautiful! The Castles are so big and beautiful and I am soooo grateful that I got to have this crazy awesome adventure this weekend! Especially because I got to spend it with amazing friends in the mission.

- My biggest take away from this conference was my excitement for a new project we are doing mission wide with the Book of Mormon. We are beginning to read it together as a whole mission, and our families have also been invited to join. I have a email to forward to any one of you that would maybe like to join in on our reading challenge! It is going to be epic. We are doing some pretty amazing things with the Book of Mormon, and have some pretty cool ideas for how to make these people understand the importance and the beautiful of this book. We are working on making it more personal by writing our testimonies in them before we give them out, and now we have developed a list of scriptures that are helpful for deep "questions of the soul". It is going to definitely change this mission, and the church here in Romania. :) 

My transfer with Sora Lunt has gotten off to a great start... I cannot wait to see the miracles and blessings that will come by being obedient and hard working this transfer, and by putting our whole hearts into this city and this branch. :)
I love you all so much, thank you for the support and the uplifting words! 

ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE, INTEGRITY. These are the words that I wan't to live by this transfer! It is going to change a lot of things for me and for this branch here in Ploiesti. :)

Have a great week! <3<3<3

Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment