What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, March 16, 2015

3.16.15 Week 7 Bacau, Romania

Buna dragi familia și prietenii :)

What a week.... NOT. Hahah I unfortunately was sick, for 3 or 4 days in a row. That was rough, but I am all better now :) Not much gets done when you get sick... other than a WHOLE lot of studying.
This week I had a great lesson with a member in our branch, her name is Sora Dragomir. Get this... she happens to be the VERY FIRST member of the church in the whole city of Bacău. The very first one! Such a strong testimony. She is an amazing lady. We taught her a spiritual thought about the Cartea lui Mormon, and she also offered us something to eat. Okay but here is where the story turns, for the worst :) Hahaha. I was feeling VERY sick this day, and couldn't even THINK about food. So, she offers us this purple stuff in a bowl. Looks terrible. But, to be kind we have to eat it, right? So I take a bite... and it is just straight PRUNES, in straight prune "jelly"... which actually tasted like poison. And I was just DYING trying to eat this stuff, my companion described my face during this moment as the "I'm going to blow chunks" face. It was just aweful. So, when Sora Dragomir wasn't looking, my WONDERFUL companion took like half of my prune poison out of my bowl and ate it. She saved my life that day, folks. And here's the best part, she found 2 prune stems in her bowl. So obviously, being the weirdos we are, we totally kept the prune stems as a little keepsake from that wonderful moment! The "prune stems of friendship", my companion calls them. What a great day. Our motto here.... Un Alte Ziua de Adventura în Bacău! (Another day of adventure in Bacau).
So this week I am grateful for good health, and for an amazing companion that is doing a GREAT job at training me. I have realized this week upon studying the area book that this little city is BOOMING with potential. I made a promise to myself before I leave this city, my companion and I are going to light it on FIRE. :)
My testimony of hard work and dedicated service has grown so much this week. I truly didn't feel the satisfaction that comes from teaching and spreading the light of the gospel this week as much as I should have, because I was so sick. I definitely feel the blessings that come from forgetting myself, and getting lost in this marvelous work. I know that there are people here in Romania that are looking for the message I have to share, all I have to do is open my mouth. The Spirit will do the rest :) I am confident that Jesus Christ is walking this difficult path with me every second of every day. I love being a missionary, more than I can even explain. And even though this language is literally going to be the death of me... I know that just a simple testimony of something that is true and heartfelt can change lives. :)
Have a great week everyone!
Va iubim, foarte mult. :)
Dragoste,
Sora Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment