What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, March 23, 2015

3.23.15 Week 8 Bacau, Romania

Good evening family! Or I guess it is good afternoon, for you :)

This week has been absolutely wonderful. I am preparing to ask 2 investigators to be baptized this week... I am so pumped and I hope with all of my heart that they follow the promptings of the Spirit and say yes :)
Bacau is better than ever. My companion is better than ever! And our branch is growing so fast. We have a list of like 15 potential investigators... it is a miracle how fast this branch is starting to grow :) I love it here so so much.
Today I got the chance to go volunteer at an Orphanage in the city of Balad. And let me tell you... my heart was just broken. Because I wanted to adopt all of them. ALL OF THEM. Especially this beautiful little girl named Nicoletta and this adorable boy named Dennis. I just cried because I wanted all of the children... hahah they are so so happy and humble, and it was easily the greatest experience I have had on my mission so far.
Sunday I had to help teach the Sunday School lesson. Here is how it went...
1. I taught my section, pretty well actually. The language came pretty easy for the topic of Faith.
2. I asked a question to the class...
3. A member named Alin raised his hand and gave an answer. I couldn't understand a WORD this guy said....
4. Being an innocent little Boboaka (baby duck, the word they use for new missionaries here), I just nodded my head and said "da, da... exact!"
5. Come to find out later.... this guy gave a totally psycho answer to this question... like was just rambling about crazy random stuff... and I totally agreed with him and said it was correct.... I can't even imagine how confused this Sunday School class was.... HAHAHAH.

:):):) Teaching Fail #1.... CHECK!

But hey, it was a great lesson and I was able to speak freely so that was great. The language is SO HARD ITS RIDICULOUS. Seriously, I am struggling with understanding people. Mostly because I am in the city of Bacau... ya see, Bacau is technically in Romania. BUT, the Romanians call this part of the country part of Moldova, even though it isn't in the actual country of Moldova. So here they speak a mix of Moldovan. Which is really hard to understand and the dialect is different. Its very challenging but I am learning and hopefully it will come with more practice and the help of the Spirit :)

This week I have been thinking NONSTOP about families. The idea that families can be together forever.... never ceases to amaze me. I LOVE TEACHING people about this concept. And at one point this week I had a really amazing experience... it was morning, and I was studying. I was feeling kind of homesick. And immediately, the song "Families can be together forever" came into my head and I was just so comforted and peaceful in that moment. I knew that the families that are waiting and being prepared for the gospel here in Bacau will have the blessings of being together for eternity, all because of this sacrifice I have chosen to make by coming here. And you know what? It isn't a sacrifice.... it is truly a privilege. Truly. I can testify of this..... the gospel blesses families. And I promise that if you seek the counsel of the scriptures and continually study them with your families... you will feel the changes in your life.
I am so so thankful for my family.... I can't WAIT to spend eternity with them. You are all my family and I think about you and pray for you every single day.

Never underestimate the power of prayer. Truly. This work is changing my life every single day, and its only possible because of the many many prayers we say!

Have a great week and I love you all so so very much. xoxoxoxo
Sora Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment