What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, May 11, 2015

5.11.15 Week 15 Bacau, Romania

This week was one that I will always look back on and remember how AMAZING I felt! This has been an epic week... because Bacau has officially been set on fire :) In a good way! Haha we now have 9 investigators instead of 3. In just 2 weeks! It is so so rewarding to see our hard work paying off. Its so incredible.. I cannot describe the feeling of seeing your investigators walk into church on Sunday!
Speaking of investigators... we had a really amazing experience that I want to share with you guys. We got a new investigator this week named Irina. She is a regular at our weekly English classes.. such a sweet lady :) So, we scheduled our first lesson with her. And normally, we teach the first discussion of the restoration in the first lesson. BUT, we prayed about it and thought about it a lot and we both agreed that we felt like we needed to teach her the plan of salvation instead. So, we got to the lesson and we began by teaching her how to pray. She loved that, absolutely loved that. Then we were about to start our discussion on the plan of salvation, when she interrupted us and asked... "I have a question for you guys, I have been wondering this for years and I really hope you can answer it!" so we said sure, ask away! And she looked at us and said.. "can you tell me what happens to you after you die?....." 
.................................... COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT. My comp and I just looked at each other, tears in our eyes, and smiled because we KNEW that we were guided in preparing for this lesson. We smiled and said "YES, let us tell you EXACTLY what happens when you die". Family and friends... this was the best lesson I have experienced on my mission so far. She LOVED the discussion, it turns out that she had a brother die and she was really depressed from this, she was scared because she didnt know where he was. We reassured her that he is in a great place, and that he is learning the exact same gospel that she is learning right now :) And that she will be with him again someday. It was a PERFECT lesson, and I was able to understand everything she said. I was able to speak to her with the spirit... it was unforgettable. Truly. At the end of the lesson, she said the closing prayer. We knelt together and thanked our Heavenly Father for everything we have been given :) She offered the most BEAUTIFUL, sincere prayer I have ever heard... and I couldnt help but cry as I watched this amazing woman pray for the very first time. Teaching people these things and watching them apply it to their lives.... hearing the words directly from their hearts.... it is a feeling I will NEVER, ever forget. :) 
So yes, this week was incredible. I love Bacau I never want to leave :) I got to skype my family yesterday which was so wonderful :) I hope all you mothers had an amazing mothers day! I love you all and I think and pray about you here in Romania :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment