What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, June 1, 2015

6.1.15 Week 18 Bacau, Romania

BUNA familia.
This week has been a week of great changes! I have so much good news. And I have a lot to report on from this week :)
1. I got a new companion.... SORA NICHOLS. And we are already best friends! I sure am lucking out with these companions so far ;) She is amazing and we are working as a GREAT team. Trying our best to continue to set this city on FIRE! I love it, absolutely love it. And I love her. It is going to be a pretty amazing transfer. Summer in Bacau will be EPIC. :)
2. We got THREE NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK. Yes... you read that right. It has been absolutely incredible!!! Two of them are English students, they are young and we have formed a great friendship with them. The third one is a really sweet old lady who is the mother of one of the members here in Bacau. :) I am continually blown away by the immense amount of potential we have found here the past few weeks.
3. The language is progressing a LOT faster now. I am officially out of training. and my new companion is BARELY older than me in the mission. So we are both pretty much forced to improve our language in order to function without a fluent missionary.. it has been so incredible to see my language improve when I am diligent and I truly put my whole heart into the work. I am forever grateful that I got called to serve a mission speaking a crazy foreign language. Yes... English speaking would be very different and probably a LOT easier for me. But I am so thankful that I get to go through these trials and these hardships because I can literally see the hand of the Lord in my work. I can't even explain how amazing it is out here. I am truly truly blessed.
4. This week... the water got turned off in the ENTIRE city of Bacau. For THREE DAYS. Yes.... you read that right too. Hahah, it was definitely a struggle... we could hardly make any food, couldn't shower, none of the restrooms in the whole city functioned properly... hahah.. what an adventure. As we always say here, "astazi este o alta zi de aventura in Bacau".. :) that couldn't have been more true this week.
5. Summer is officially here in Romania. And it is basically the exact same weather as it is at home... gets to about 105. Except it is humid. Very humid :) But Summer truly is my favorite time of the year, so I am pumped to be here in Bacau enjoying every moment! We have a lot of great things planned for this Summer in Bacau... and hopefully that includes a baptism or two ;)

So I miss all of you. and I pray for you every single day! Thank you so much for the constant support and love you all give me. I am so so blessed to have such amazing family by my side :) Mi-e dor de voi, foarte mult. Dar... Dumnezeu este aici cu mine, tot timpul :) Am siguranta si pace in inima mea in fiecare zi :)

I LOVE YOU ALL
xoxoxoxo forever
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment