What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, May 25, 2015

5.25.15 Week 17 Bacau, Romania

What a week :)
First of all... I have come to so many realizations this week of the kind of missionary I want to be. Being on this mission has already changed my perspective on so many things, including the kind of person I want to be! The kind of person that God knows I can become :) I spent two days this week in the beautiful city of Galati, doing an exchange with other sisters. I got to be with Sora Wright... who happens to be my idol in this mission. She is what I like to refer to as "cea sfanta" which basically means the most Saint-like. Haha. She is probably the best missionary in this mission.... and I got the opportunity to serve with her and learn from her. She finishes her mission tomorrow.. and goes back to America on Wednesday so I was so lucky to serve with her for a day! I learned so so much from her. And since then, I have had many many amazing moments where my eyes have been opened to the kind of missionary I want to be! The importance of staying on the path... and not straying... I cannot stress it enough. I am lucky to have had a trainer that showed me the way and was an excellent example to me. There are many things in this world that are trying to dim any sort of light that shines. Many temptations and things that people are faced with... and many of those people give up the fight. I have a testimony that no matter how hard it can be to do what is right, and to have the courage to stand up for what you believe.... you can do it. We can do it. We can do hard things... through the help and guidance of our Heavenly Father. I learned that I am only going to have success on this mission if I am completely diligent, and if I dedicate myself to be obedient and willing to serve with all my might.
Later this week we had our last English class of the transfer. We were able to watch TANGLED with our English students, which was AMAZINGGGGGG. I miss movies... hahaha. It was a blast, and nobody here has ever seen that movie. One of my favorites :):)
I hope you all have an amazing week. We are continuing to teach Irina, and I am happy to report that I found out that I will be staying in Bacau for another transfer! So I will get to see my investigator get baptized... and hopefully some more :) My comp Sora Long is leaving for the city of Arad, and my new comp will be Sora Nichols! I cant wait to meet her and I am soooo excited to keep working in Bacau and to help this branch grow :):)

VA IUBESC!!!! O saptamana buna sa aveti!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment