What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, June 22, 2015

6.22.15 Week 21 Bacau, Romania

I want to start by saying thank you to all of you for your constant love and support. The emails and letters I receive are always reminding me how lucky I am, truly I can't even describe how grateful I am! Thank you thank you :)

So this week was pretty good :) One cool story I want to share with you is the story of Naomi. So basically we are doing this new thing in the mission where every day (or if not every day, every week) we try to find "the one". We strive to find that ONE person who is looking. Because there is always, ALWAYS someone :) This week, we found our One. Her name is Naomi :) It started when we were in front of the church talking, and this girl opened our church gate and walked right up to us and asked us about the details of our free English classes. We were surprised that she came up and talked to us, she was super shy and most people would just walk away and call the number on the poster. But no, she came up and talked to us. She is this darling 18 year old, super spunky and right off the bat I knew she was special. So, she came to English, and after class we got talking to her... she opened right up to us. She was immediately so comfortable around us and we got talking. She was so interested in our missions and the work we do here, she is Evangelist, and is very very open minded about religion. After talking for a while, you could tell that she wanted to be friends with us and that we were going to have a great relationship with this girl. Then this is the crazy part.. haha, she looked at us and asked when we have our church. We said Duminca la ora 10, and she said "can I come?".... im telling you, this does NOT happen. Its rare enough to find someone who isn't orthodox, let alone someone who openly asks to come to Sunday slujba. :) So, she came. stayed all 3 hours, and my Sora Nichols and I were teaching Relief Society. We taught this AWESOME lesson about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, and even had all of the other women talk about their experiences and their testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Naomi LOVED it, it was such a tender mercy too that I was able to speak freely and teach this lesson to her. The language is hard, very hard. But in the moments where I desperately need it... Heavenly Father has got my back :) It is so important to pray and pray and pray for the gift of tongues. The ability to testify in their native language is what invites the spirit into their hearts. So yeah.... Naomi was our ONE. :) She is a blessing, I tell you. I see incredible things happening for her :) Our other investigators are doing great too, Irina is definitely almost ready for baptism. We are continuing to teach her and spend time with her until she has decided on a date!
So yeah. Although some days this week were challenging, and I definitely had my moments where I felt sad and inadequate for this hard work ahead of me, I know that the only way I can find comfort is through praying and talking to Heavenly Father :) He gives me the lift I need to carry on with faith. I can't believe I hit my 5 month mark this week... time FLIES by. And Romania seriously gets more and more incredible every week :)

I love you all! Have a great week :)
xoxooxox Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment