What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, October 12, 2015

10.12.15 Week 37 Ploiesti, Romania

1. EXCITING NEWS. In 5 weeks, Elder M. Russel Ballard will be coming to ROMANIA and we will get to hear him speak at a giant mission wide conference! WEOOOWWWWWW! 
2. My baby missionary is incredible at the language and it constantly blows my mind how smart and wonderful she is. She is a rockstar.
3. This week we had 6 lessons fall through.... SIX. Yikes. That was rough. BUT, we did our best at remaining super positive and looking for the things to be grateful for. Which is a lot! We are so so blessed to be missionaries here :) 
4. HUGE NEWS.... last transfer for our English courses, we had 6 students. THATS IT. Well, this transfer, we shifted into high gear and did better contacting and advertising for our classes. On Friday, we had a sign up day for the courses... and 200 PEOPLE CAME TO SIGN UP DAY. And since that day, we have been getting calls nonstop about late sign ups and additional people wanting to join the classes. TALK ABOUT AN EXPLOSION OF POSSIBLE INVESTIGATORS!! Wow. BEYOND BLESSED OVER HERE
5. Baby missionary ate Sarmale for the first time. It knocked her socks off.. because it's the best food in the world. Mom and Dad I cannot wait for you to come and eat it this Summer holy cow. 
6. Next week I hit my HALF WAY MARK. That truly sounds crazy to me, I can't believe that I have to leave my new home in 9 short months. I'll never be ready for that.
7. We have two English students that we meet with privately for lessons and gospel discussions.. young girls ages 18 and 24, we meet with them every Friday. Well, one of them told us that she has a few friends from school that want to come learn too. We told her yes that's fine... soo... the following Friday.... we go to the church for our lesson... and 15 YOUNG GIRLS ARE GATHERED AT THE CHURCH, ready to learn. :) Explosion 2.0!!!! Can't even believe it. I loveee teaching English, it is one of my favorite parts of the mission. Now I have sooo many students to teach and become friends with! Awesome. 
8. This same Friday... 2 random girls walk in and join the class. Nobody knew them, and it wasn't an advertised class or anything! They literally just randomly walked into the church out of curiosity. They are from Africa!!! Bia and Marly. We are meeting with them after English class and are going to ask them if they want to learn more about the church. Expect BIG things from them, I know I sure do! Once again... explosions of work, we are truly feeling blessings coming from Heavenly Father. It's amazing how well he takes care of us missionaries.. we are never alone or left without work to do! 

I know He is there, and that He is watching over us. All the time. I feel His love literally encircle me when I am doubting myself or my abilities, and HE makes sure that I know my purpose and that I matter to Him. I love Him. :)

Have a great week family. I love you and miss you all. :)
XOXOXO

Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment