What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, October 26, 2015

10.26.15 Week 39 Ploiesti, Romania

To be honest, this transfer has been one of the oddest transfers of my whole mission. :) 
First of all.... I don't have a lot of awesome stuff to report on. I have been SUPER sick, for about three weeks now... its been terrible, actually! Which brings me to my first point...

- WORMS! Yep... there is a chance I might have worms. I am going to the doctor this week to find out! Worms is something that has literally been a huge contributing factor to my nightmares growing up... so yeah, that's real fun. Let's just all pray that I don't have parasites living inside me.. GROSSSSSSSSS. But i have started feeling a lot better the past day or two. So things might be fine.. we will see :)
- This week... our investigator Oana, who just recently decided to be baptized, has literally dropped off the face of the earth. We haven't heard back from her in like 2 weeks. It is really sad and strange and we don't know what to do.. so we just keep praying for her and are trying to keep our heads high and our faith strong. 
- This week I hit my HALFWAY MARK!... which is just absolutely crazy to me! I can't believe Im only here for 9 more months. Soooo bittersweet. :( But I got to spend my half way mark in the BEAUTIFUL city of Brasov, doing exchanges with two of some of my favorite sisters in the mission. We had a really great time, and the city is incredible. It is high up in the Carpathian Mountains, in the heart of Translyvania ;) beautiful beautiful beautiful. I will send pictures next week :) 
- I decided what to do with my life... I am opening a Romanian Bakery at home. Specifically selling Covrigs, aka the most heavenly Romanian pastry that is literally going to BLOW THE MIND of every single person in Utah. It's going to be called Sora's, Traditional Romanian Pastries. It's going to be BIG, people. Just get excited!! I sure am :) Bringin' a little taste of Romania to America, baby. WEOOW
- This week at a members house... got fed Ciorba de Borta. Which means Soup of Stomach. Yes... literal animal stomach. I maybeeeeee almost hurled a little bit. Then, for the next course, got fed Ciorba de Pui, which is Soup of Chicken. Now here is the kicker.... floating in my bowl, was about half of a literally CHICKEN SPINE. with chunks of chicken attached to it. Sooo.... yeah, that's Romania for you! #normal

Look forward to a better email next week about the work going down here, because I am finally starting to feel a little bit better. I am so stoked to get out and just WORK. WOOH! 
So pumped.

Have a great HALLOWEEN everyone! 
Also... it is definitely required of me to include something about the fact that ALTA BEAT CORNER CANYON IN FOOTBALL!!!!!! YEAHHH BABY. Sorry Baylie... but once a Hawk, always a Hawk :) hahah just kidding i love you and im sorry you guys lost. kind of. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Cu drag,
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment