What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, July 6, 2015

7.6.15 Week 23 Bacau, Romania

Well folks... I am moving to PLOIESTI, serving with Sora Honey! And I will be an STL (Sister Training Leader) for our zone, which is central Romania. I am SOOOOOO beyond excited to start this new adventure. This week has been challenging for me emotionally, saying goodbye to all of the people I have come to love so deeply in Bacau. Our small little branch here is my family :( Our investigators are all progressing so well, and its super tough to just leave in the middle of the progression. Watching your work finally start to make a difference, then just leaving..... it's way hard. And I have shed a lot of tears about it. But I know that I am meant to find people in Ploiesti that need the gospel. I can't wait to get there and start finding those wonderful people :)

I couldn't have asked for a better last week in Bacau. We got to meet with all of our members and friends here, had a lot of lessons, and spent a lot of time with our awesome district that I will miss veryyyyy much. We also had an awesome 4th of july barbecue party with our branch... but Romanian style ;) We ate mici...(meech)... which is basically a chunk of mixed meat. Totally illegal in America. ;);) Literally have no idea what is in the meat chunks... but hey.. its a Romanian specialty. Gotta love it :) 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday. And unfortunately... I will have gone THREE years in a row without being home for this awesome holiday! A year ago I was in Tonga for the 4th, I was in Bacau for this one, and I will spend next 4th of july living up the last few weeks of my mission :) Time is flying by here... bittersweet :) in 2 weeks I hit my SIX MONTH MARK. Which absolutely blows my mind.

Romanian is coming along wonderfully, I fall more and more in love with the language every single day :) Im so thankful for the experiences and adventures I am having every week. Im excited to be in a new branch and to have new investigators and friends!

LOVE YOU ALL. have a great week :)

Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment