What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, July 13, 2015

7.13.15 Week 24 Ploiesti, Romania

Bună dimineața! 

Astazi este prima ziua de pregatire pentru mine în acest oraș... Ploiești! 

That means "today is my first P day in the city of Ploiesti" :) 

This new city is quite a change! The branch here is about double or maybe triple the size of the branch in Bacau. We have an actual CHAPEL, which is hugeeeee, for Romania. It is beautiful too, I feel the spirit so strongly in this building! It feels very VERY strange to have a larger sacrament meeting again (and by large, I mean 40 people..) hahah. But compared to 15 people.. very big, a little bit hard to get used too. :) 
This branch is incredible, there are lots of families. We got to teach primary yesterday in church, which was a blast. I love the primary children here, it's going to be a lot of fun :) Our branch here has a lot of fun young adults too. Love it here! 
My companion is Sora Honey, she is from AUSTRALIA! She has a wicked cool accent.. I loveeeee it. We have a ton of fun together and I am excited to see where the work goes this transfer. We are STL's (sister training leaders) which means we get to do a TON of traveling around the country to do exchanges with other sisters and attend meetings and such. Later this week we will be going to Bucharest for a leadership meeting, and I absolutely LOVE Bucharest so I am stoked for that. 
Which reminds me..... Wednesday was a VERY epic day in my mission. One of my best friends in the wholeeee world, Mckell Cutler.... go INTO THE COUNTRY! I got to spend almost the WHOLE day with her on Wednesday!!!! It was pure luck that I even got to see her in the first place. It was a HUGE blessing getting to see her and hug her! She made me feel like I was home, in Draper again. Veryyyyy strange feeling! It made me feel so happy and comforted knowing that I have someone here with me that I know from home, someone that is one of my greatest friends! We will hopefully get to serve together at some point :) 
Yesterday after church all of the missionaries and a few members got together had a huge SARMALE night! Sarmale is probably the signature Romanian dish... it is INCREDIBLE :):) So so delicious... so yes that was a ton of fun and I'm still full from our little Romanian feast :) I will send some pics to mom!
Yesterday I called my close friend/ investigator from Bacau, Irina :) We talked on the phone for a while and it made me realize how grateful I am for the connections and the friendships I have been able to make out here. While we are teaching them the gospel and helping them come closer to Heavenly Father, they are making lasting impressions on us as well.. by becoming such dear friends and showing such sincere love for us and our message. I love and miss all of my friends in Bacau, but I cant wait to meet new people here in Ploiesti :) 

So yeah, not much else to report on this week! I am learning the importance of praying always and asking for guidance in all that I do. There are so many wonderful opportunities opened up to us always... we just need to pray to find those opportunities! And we need to pray constantly for the strength to take them. :) 

Have a good week all, I love you :)
Aventură ne așteapta! (Adventure is out there... :))

Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment