What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, August 31, 2015

8.31.15 Week 31 Ploiesti Romania

I must be completely honest, I do not think I can even describe to you what happened this past with our contacting and finding. I can try, but it wont do it justice!! I am telling you... never in my life have I been more guided and led to people before. In crazy, strange, unexpected and spontaneous ways. Sora Lunt and I went crazy with the contacting this week. We decided that Ploiesti needs a new start, it needs new members and we decided to go out and get them. Well... in some of the craziest circumstances I have experienced on my mission.. we connected with 9 people over 4 days, that were all completely placed in our hands by the Lord. We received 6 of their numbers, and are planning on starting to teach most of them this week and next week. In other words.. it has been a complete explosion of new investigators. We have been completely mind blown at how merciful the Lord has been to us. We literally have not been able to count our blessings. We have had crazy things happen that have led us to some of the most prepared people I have met in my life! For example, two ladies we spoke with at the park last night. We got into a great conversation about our church.. and both of these ladies accepted a Book of Mormon with PLEASURE and absolutely could not wait to read it and study it. Then, they flat out asked us if we could meet them and teach them more about our church and what we believe. It was the most incredible contact I have ever made! Hands down. While that story seems totally crazy and rare... that is basically EXACTLY how the 5 other contact stories were. So golden. I can't even describe it to you! All I can say is that I have never felt the presence of God stronger in my whole life. He literally PLACED people in our path. I seriously mean like people approaching us in the park and asking us how we can have eternal happiness and make it to Heaven someday. YES, THAT REALLY HAPPENED. I have been mind blown this week. I cant even find the words to describe my life. Ploiesti is receiving extra blessings this transfer and I feel so blessed you guys. SO blessed. 
So yes... I do not know how to thank Heavenly Father enough for all that happened to us this week. It has been miraculous. That is the only word I can use to describe it! I think you should be expecting a pretty big boom in Ploiesti. It is looking very bright. We are the happiest we have ever been on our missions so far! I love it and I love Ploiesti. A LOT. I know I am meant to be here. :)
We have discovered the difference it makes when you CHOOSE to be COURAGEOUS. Courage has been something I have been striving to improve on my mission so far. And having the courage to talk to everyone and just follow the Spirit... it has changed my life as a missionary and in general. The things I have learned this week will literally change the rest of my life and I will forever look back on these past 4 days and remember that miracles are REAL. All we have to do is pray for them. 
I have no other words to describe my feelings right now.. but I love you all. So much. and I just need you to know that Heavenly Father takes care of his children, he can make miracles happen if we are faithful and obedient and just ASK him. He is there. :) 

I LOVE YOU ALL!! Ps..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST LIL BRO IN THE WORLD! Love you Jenson... welcome to the teenage years buddy ;) hahahahah good luck with that one mom


Have a great week :) much love

Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment