What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, January 4, 2016

1/4/16 Week 49 Bucharest, Romania

First of all..... I MADE IT TO THE BIG CITY!! WOOOOOOOOHHHH! Bucharest is BEAUTIFUL and I love it already :)
Second of all..... I AM LITERALLY FREEZING TO DEATH. IM PRETTY SURE EVERYBODY IN THIS TOWN IS CRAZY OR CONFUSED... BECAUSE WE OBVIOUSLY LIVE IN SIBERIA OR THE NORTH POLE OR SOMETHING, NOT ROMANIA. 

... anyways.. Buch life! Its fantastic. My comp is Sora Jerez.. and I love her to death. We have a blast together. Exploring the city is so fun with her. We have a really great branch, full of a bunch of awesome old people! 
Awesome news... our investigator Talita is getting baptized on the 16th of January!!! We are so excited and happy for her. She is a powerhouse... she is already preparing to go on a mission in a year. She is going to change the church in Romania.. she is powerful and we are blessed to have her and her amazing love and dedication to the building of the Kingdom :) 
We are working hard and trekking through the coldest winter I have ever experienced. Its so much fun, I love the snow.. I love the big city.. and I LOVE the New Year!!! Such a wonderful and inspiring time of the year. Everybody is working to make positive changes and improvements in their lives. Truly, 2016 is going to be an extraordinary year. I had a very strong feeling on NYE that this year is going to be epic! It is also pretty crazy that in just 6 1/2 months I will be back in America. That is a bittersweet thought, thats for sure :) 
Also I am super pumped to spend my 20th birthday in the coolest city in Eastern Europe!!!!! I can't believe I am 20.. life is weird and time flies. I love you and and hope you have a killer week!

I LOVE ROMANIA!!
SET SOME AWESOME GOALS, AND GO OUT AND MAKE THEM HAPPEN AND CHANGE THE WORLD

love- Sora Draper








No comments:

Post a Comment