What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, January 18, 2016

1/18/16 Week 51 Bucharest, Romania

Talita a fost botezata!!! {translation... TALITA WAS BAPTIZED!!}

What an INCREDIBLE week this has been :) I will try to describe it, but I know it is basically impossible to describe the feelings I had this week! 
On Saturday, our best friend Talita was baptized a member of the Church. Not only was it one of the happiest and most joyful days of her life so far... but it was for ME too! I cried, and cried.. and cried. Tears of complete joy! Watching someone you love SO dearly, and cherish so much as a friend.. enter the waters of baptism and make everlasting covenants with Heavenly Father.. :) Absolutely indescribable. It was the most beautiful baptismal service I have ever seen, the Spirit filled the chapel and it was a beautiful snowy day. I will never forget the feeling I had, after we did a special musical number for her (Come Thou Fount, but in Romanian).. and I sat on the front row watching her say her testimony. My heart was so filled with love and light and joy.. I truly cannot describe it well enough. My words just dont do it justice ;) But every single person in that room truly felt it as well, most of us were in tears. It was a remarkable experience being by her side and literally feeling her emanate light and happiness and purity. I love Talita so much. She is one of the strongest most incredible girls I have ever met in my life, she left her congregation of Jehovah's Witness, suffered through cutting off all relations with her father, and is now being shunned by the congregation for leaving the church and following the truth. She is so strong, brave, and courageous. She truly is my hero. :) 
That was the highlight of this week, I hope to write more next week! We are now putting forward our efforts in finding new people to teach, and are searching for people who are searching for us ;) Please pray for those who are looking for the Gospel to be lead to us in some way, or for us to be lead to them! We are diligently seeking and striving to be where we need to be, doing all that we need to be doing :)
I love you all so much!
Special birthday shoutout to my DADDY!! I love you Papa. I miss you and I hope you go to something crazy for your birthday :):) 

cu drag,
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment