What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, January 25, 2016

1/25/16 Week 52 Bucharest, Romania

Hey family :)
This week definitely shook me pretty hard. We had the CRAZIEST thing happen.
One day we came home from a lesson with Talita, and we got to our front door. For some reason I had a weird feeling as we unlocked our door. After turning the key and walking in, I started walking towards into the entryway and began to take off my bag and coat... when all of a sudden we heard a HUGE crashing noise, and heard shuffling footsteps coming from the room next to us!!! THERE WAS A FREAKING INTRUDER IN OUR HOUSE.The rooms are divided by a large wall, which is a HUGE blessing because we have absolutely NO IDEA if the person was armed with a gun or a knife, and we easily could have been attacked!! My comp and I heard the noises of things crashing, and we didnt even give it a second thought.... we SPRINTED out of there and slammed the door and locked it shut. Here is the crazy part... we are on the 3rd floor... so unless the guy scaled the walls somehow.. we have NO idea how he got inside. Our door was locked and everything!!! So after calling for help, we walked in to inspect the room, and the guy and freaking jumped out of our living room window  and made a huge imprint in the snow below us!!! Luckily.. he didnt steal a THING. It was crazy and pretty strange, and I still dont understand how it actually happened. But it was the most horrifying feeling, walking into our house and just knowing that there was a criminal in there with us! It was horrifying, my stomach dropped and we were both almost in tears. So scary. So we ended up staying with the other Buch sisters for a few nights, and just the other night we got our locks changed just in case. So we are back staying in our apartment now and all is well... but I'm not going to lie it is still pretty scary in there sometimes!! So that was a CRAZY event and we were pretty scared for a few days ha ha ha. 
Other than that, not much has happened! We have our last week of English classes this week, and then we take a week break for transfers. I am praying that my comp and I stay together another one, we have become best friends and it makes the work so fun and positive, even though we are freezing our butts off and terrified of another break-in! Hahaha!
This week I have been studying the chapters in 3 Nephi where Christ appeared to the ancient inhabitants of America. His ministry there and the counsel he gives.. it is so beautiful :) Study Christ, speak of Christ, and pray for His love to envelop you and your families. This concept has changed my life the past few months! Truly seek Him. He is there. :) 

I love you all.. thanks for your constant prayers and support and love. Have a good safe week and I hope you are all safe and happy and hopefully not too cold ;) 
I hit my year mark this week, which totally blows my mind. I will be home in just 6 months! That thought totally scares me, but makes me excited at the same time. Bittersweet :) 


xoxoxo Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment