What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, February 22, 2016

2/22/2016 Week 56 Bucharest, Romania

This week is happy. It has been full of SUNSHINE :) We had several days this week of summer warmth, it was absolutely beautiful, it makes me so happy to be in sunny weather.
This week we had a zone conference that was super enlightening, and we were privileged to hear from David Rutley, a member of Parliament in the Macclesfield seat. Him and his family came and spoke, their words were very lovely (as well as their British accents). :) We had some great lessons this week, and are enjoying contacting in the good weather! This week, our English course started again. I am the teacher for the Medium level, I have a class of about 35 students, and we have a GREAT time :) I have learned on my mission that I really enjoy teaching English! I would love to go to other cool foreign countries and teach people English, especially places like Thailand or the Philippines :)
This week for the first time on my mission, we got totally FRIED by police/ security guard guy for contacting someone on the Metro (the Subway here in Bucharest)!! It was crazy, he started yelling at us for being Jehovah's Witnesses. The funniest part is that I  told him we weren't Jehovah's Witnesses, and he actually ARGUED with me and tried to convince me that we were indeed. ;) HAHAHA at some point I just gave up and walked away... it was definitely an interesting argument. I maybe even got a little bit sassy, which is just something I have adapted to out here, since we learn very quickly to stand up to taxi drivers and salesman that like to pick on little American girls ;) It is a lot more fun to be sassy in Romanian, than English. :) That is just a little glimpse of life here in Romania.. ha.
I am super happy, I love this city and I love this country, and I love my comp. :) We are doing great and I love making every day a new adventure!
Also, yesterday I hit my 13 month mark. WHAT!!! How is that possible?! I dont know. Its crazy.

I love you allllllllllllll. I hope your week is good and filled with love and the Spirit!
Va iubesc
xoxo
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment