What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, March 30, 2015

3.30.15 Week 9 Bacau, Romania

HELLO FAMILY!!!!
Well... I wish I could tell you all about the amazing adventures I had this week and the great success we had in Bacau. BUT.... I unfortunately had PNEUMONIA ALL WEEK. Literally 5 days.
SOOOOO.... not much has happened. But, I do have ONE story for you, and it is proof that.. 1) EVERYTHING happens for a reason... and 2) God is always looking out for us. And he will always prepare a way to fulfill your purpose!

So, I got sick when we were on our way to the city of Galati for zone training and exchanges. Traveling, with Pneumonia..... NOT fun. Anyways, we ended up spending 3 days in Galati because I couldn't get out of bed. It was bad, I tell you.
So, on Friday morning, we had to get up and get on a train to Bacau at 7:40 am. BUT, somehow, we missed our train by like literally 2 minutes. We got to the station and the train was still there, it was just about to leave... but the lady wouldn't sell us tickets. So we were really upset and freaking out because I was SO SICK. We went back to the apartment, and waiting until the NEXT train which left at 3 pm. Terrible!
So here is the wonderful part. We left at 3, and our journey home was unbelievable. We got to talk to and teach our entire car of passengers about our purpose here and a little about the Gospel. We shared this amazing video with them about Easter, which we got at zone training. It's amazing, it is a flyer that you open up and it has a little video screen and plays this Mormon message. Soooo cool. Anyways, we talked to about 3 people that were genuinely interested and completely prepared for the Gospel. SO AWESOME. But here is the even better part.... On our last hour of the train ride, we went to a different train car and this adorable girl about our age asks if we would like to sit by her. And this was amazing, because 1) there were like 100 other free seats and she wanted us to sit by her, and 2) SHE SPOKE ENGLISH. Such a blessing for me, because....... we ended up teaching this girl and telling her the entire story of the Restoration. We taught her stuff from like the first 3 lessons. And she LOVED our message and she was the most prepared person I have ever met. She was looking for a way to start over and she was even reading a book ON THE TRAIN about finding her path in life and finding a way to be inspired to be a better person. NO JOKE! SOOOOOO freakishly ready for the Gospel. It was absolutely incredible. And the miracle is that during this entire lesson with her.... I felt 100% fine. NO SICKNESS. I can't even describe it to you, such a miracle because I was MISERABLE this week! And as soon as we stepped off the train, I smiled and was just crying with joy because I knew that there was a reason we missed that first train. Heavenly Father put us in the path of those amazing train passengers and that incredible young woman who needed our message! I was so so grateful to my Heavenly Father for putting us on that train.

So yes... God does know us. Individually. And He knows EXACTLY where we need to be, at EXACTLY the right time we need to be there :)

So while Pneumonia is absolutely terrible...... this week I couldn't even count the miracles :) So so many you guys! I am so so blessed. Now hopefully I can get better and get out there and continue this great work :)

I love you all, have an AMAZING WEEK! xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment