What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, April 13, 2015

4.13.15 Week 11 Bacau, Romania

IT IS SPRING TIME FINALLY.
Când este soare afară, este soare în sufletul meu. :)

This week was fantastic you guys. I love Romania. 
Mostly because we get TWO Easters! Our Easter, then the Orthodox Easter. This week I dyed and ate more eggs than I ever have in my whole life. And the WHOLE COUNTRY is Orthodox, so like every human being in Romania was just so happy and kind this week. Hahaha. We also walked more miles this week than I have the whole transfer so far... my feet have bruises on them! So so great. :) 

We got the opportunity to do something amazing this weekend, we went to the Midnight Mass for the Orthodox Easter. So in my city of Bacau.. we have the largest Orthodox church in the WHOLE COUNTRY of Romania! And it is absolutely beautiful. Wow. So we all gather in front of the church... the whole city was there. At midnight. And we listen to the Orthodox priests sing and chant stuff in Romanian about Isus Hristos, and we each have a little candle. And a fire is brought to this church building all the way from Jerusalem, which is awesome. And we all spread this light around and light each others candles, and it symbolizes the light of Christ. So sooo cool! I can't even explain how incredible it was. Here in Romania, every time you pass someone on the street or something they say to you "Hristos a înviat!" (Christ was resurrected) And you reply with "Adevărat a îinviat!" (It's true, he was resurrected). EVERYONE says it to you, so so amazing! I absolutely loved this week.

So the work is going great. We had 2 potential investigator lesson appointments bail out on us, which was way sad. But we are contacting so much I am just so hopeful and prayerful that someone will just LOVE our message this week :) I love Romanians and I am never coming back to America :) Hehehe

Have an AMAZING WEEK! I love you all so so much and you are all my family. 

xoxoxo
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment