What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, April 20, 2015

4.20.15 Week 12 Bacau, Romania



Dear family

WOW. Alright so this week was nuts. Im going to tell you right off the bat that miracles do happen... they are real. When you put your whole heart into something and have faith... Heavenly Father will ALWAYS help you out :) So, as you know our tiny little branch here has like 9 people. We get about 12 people at church every week, including missionaries or whatever. So... this week... we were lucky enough to have President and Sister Ivory (our mission president and his wife) come to Bacau for the weekend!!! This is a huge deal, as you know... the Romania/ Moldova mission covers two whole counties. It is a lot of travel for them to come to our city!!! So so blessed. Anyways... this week we went crazy with the contacting and especially with connecting with less active members and finding new people. We went CRAZY with it. Such a good week. So, here is the miracle. Yesterday at church.... we had THIRTY SIX people in Sacrament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIRTY SIX. I cannot even express to you all how huge this is for Bacau. It was such a miracle. And all of the talks were perfect for our investigators... and Sora Long and I sang a duet of "Mareti tu esti" (How Great Thou Art) in Sacrament. It totally brought the spirit and I can honestly say that this Sunday was probably the happiest day of my mission so far. :) So much love for the gospel in this tiny little branch... Every day the members, less active members, and investigators strengthen my testimony that the Gospel is true. It is simple, and it is beautiful. :)
So, even in a difficult place like Eastern Europe where there is not a lot of baptisms happening and where 99% of the people are Orthodox, I can testify that miracles do happen. Even in weeks where we simply cannot find ANYONE who wants to hear our message, and we feel like we are lost in the storm...... there is ALWAYS a rainbow after that storm :) Always. God never lets us down. Even in times when I am exhausted and my feet are bruised and puffy, and I feel like giving up because I have a hard time understanding people..... Heavenly Father has NEVER let me down in the end. And I know he never will. This message was truly testified to me this week... it has been horrible and cold and rainy. But yesterday, after we got home from the BEST Sacrament I have ever been too... we were blown away when we saw the most beautiful rainbow appear in the sky. Just so so gorgeous. I will send pictures in a little bit :) But truly, I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am for the small miracles that are seen when you truly open your eyes to them. And especially when you truly take the time to thank Heavenly Father for things in your life... you will be able to see the tender mercies with even more clarity :)
Romania is truly beautiful you guys. Spring is gorgeous here and I am so thankful to be a builder of this branch here. I have had some crazy adventures this week and I will send a lot of great pictures!
I love you all so much, truly you mean the world to me. And I am so grateful that I am a missionary and that I get to live and experience this journey here in Romania :)

Have a great week! xoxoxoxxoxoxooxo
Sora Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment