What This is All About

McKay is now a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She is serving in the Romania/ Moldova Mission for a year and a half. While she is away- her family (that's us) will be posting her weekly emails and updates for loved ones to this blog.

Monday, July 20, 2015

7.20.15 Week 25 Ploiesti, Romania

FAMILY! 
Well unfortunately, not a ton to report on this week. Except on Friday I got to travel to Bucharest for a leadership conference, which was absolutely AMAZING. Something I took away from it was a little formula that our mission prez told us....

Faith + Hard Work + Obedince = MIRACLES :) 

And yes, it is soooooo true out here. I can testify of that. :) I have felt the consequences in my new area of not being as diligent and hard working as we need to be, in order to help this branch grow. It has been kind of challenging, which is expected because not every transfer is perfect. But I have definitely felt the blessings on the days when I do work my hardest... the Spirit is with me in all that I do and I am able to speak better Romanian. The gifts of the Spirit are real. And I have learned the importance of constantly living worthy of receiving those gifts!
So yeah.. this transfer is challenging with the lack of work we have here. We have not been able to contact any of our investigators for 2 weeks. Fun fact about Romania... every summer, everyone leaves. EVERYONE. They all go "la țară" which means into the countryside where they all have summer cottages and farms to take care of. It is almost impossible to get a lesson every day.. but we are working to meet with the members that are still in the city and need our message :)
This transfer is definitely a mountain for me to climb. And i know that I can only get over this mountain by being completely obedient and prayerful.
Speaking of mountains to climb.... my mission is doing this INCREDIBLE thing at the end of this transfer. A once in a lifetime opportunity!! The entire mission (roughly 100 missionaries) both Romanian and Russian speaking will be meeting up together and doing a MISSION WIDE HIKE in the mountains of Brașov, România!!!!! These mountains are legendary... they are so beautiful and we get to hike with all of our friends and past companions! I will get to hike with Sora Cutler and I especially cant wait for that :) So yeah that will be incredible and I can't wait!!!

Okay have a great week I love you all :) 
Aventură ne așteaptă!!!

Sora Draper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment